Peninsula Ridge Estate Winery
This wonderful and historic style winery opened for business in August of 2000 and has been committed to producing the finest wines in the Niagara Region. The winery has made all efforts possible to meet the requirements for producing world-class wines in the Niagara Peninsula.
The property is 80 acres along the Niagara Escarpment, with the vineyards located along the Beamsville Bench, the premier growing region of Canada. The 42 acre vineyard is of vinifera grapes and the neighbouring vineyard of 43 acres produces Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Viognier. In order to ensure the finest-quality grapes are used for the wines here, Peninsula Ridge Estate Winery is also in long term contracts with some of the best growers in the region.
The William D. Kitchen House
This Kitchen House is a restaurant located at Peninsula Ridge Estate Winery. The house is a red brick Victorian Manor that was restored in 2000, since it was originally built in 1885 in Queen Anne Style. The House was also recently described as a historic site under the Ontario Heritage Act.
Peninsula Ridge Wine Shop Hours
The Wine shop is open daily from June through to October from 10 am – 6 pm. The shop is open daily from November through to May from 10 am – 5 pm The Peninsula Lakes Wine Shop is only closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day, Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
Winery Tour Schedules
Peninsula Ridge Winery Tours
- The 1 hour walking tour of the winery is offered daily for $5.00/person at 11:30am
- Tours and Tastings are available seven days a week between 10 am and 4 pm.
- Group Tour and Tasting Packages:
- Package A – private tasting of four estate wines. Group of 10 or more $5/person
- Package B – private tour of the winemaking facility, underground Barrel Cellar and vineyard with a tasting of 4 estate wines. Group of less than 10 $10/person; 10 or more $7.50/person
- Package C – private tour of the winemaking facility, underground Barrel Cellar and vineyard with a tasting of 4 estate wines paired with artisan cheeses. Group of any size $18/person