Where to stay? What to do? What to see? The official Niagara Falls Information Page
NiagaraFallsHotels.com – the Niagara Falls Tourism Authority – is your one-stop resource for everything you need to plan your next visit.
Looking for the hotels with the best views of Niagara Falls? Want to know which hotels and restaurants are within walking distance of Niagara Falls? Where can you find the best shopping, themed restaurants and attractions? Where can you stay and avoid the parking congestion of Niagara Falls by walking to all the best attractions and sites? Find these answers and more. Make the most out of your travels to Niagara Falls by arriving informed.
NiagaraFallsHotels.com offers a variety of hotels that meet the requirements of all guests. You can also be assured of a comfortable stay as each of the hotels has been recognized by TripAdvisor with Certificates of Excellence or Travelers’ Choice Awards. Our hotels feature rooms and suites that can accommodate all types of stays. From Fallsview rooms and suites at the 4-Diamond Sheraton on the Falls Hotel, or Niagara Falls Crowne Plaza Hotel to spacious family suites at Skyline Hotel & Waterpark, or comfortable Jacuzzi suites at the Clifton Victoria Inn at the Falls formerly the Hampton Inn at the Falls. NiagaraFallsHotels.com is also your guide to several American hotels, offering the best rates and room accommodations at the Wyndham Garden at Niagara Falls (formerly the Days Inn at the Falls) or Sheraton At The Falls in Niagara Falls New York. This site is home to options that make planning a getaway easy.
Niagara Falls is truly a family destination, and the Falls Avenue Resort offers fun and excitement for all ages. All Falls Avenue attractions are internally connected to the Sheraton on the Falls, Crowne Plaza, and Skyline Hotel through indoor walkways for ease and convenience, including The Fallsview Indoor Waterpark. The 3-acre Waterpark stands eight story’s above Falls Avenue on North America’s largest hotel and indoor Waterpark complex and is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. The Waterpark features 16 of the fastest slides around, a mammoth Beach House play area with 1000 gallon tipping bucket, tiny tots play area, two adult-only hot tubs, a year-round activity pool and sundeck, and the largest wave pool in Niagara. The park is also a perfect 84 degrees year-round so regardless of the weather outside, the park is always home to fun. The Fallsview Indoor Waterpark is the only Waterpark in the world that is surrounded by the majesty and wonder of Niagara Falls.
After spending the day in the Waterpark stop by Hershey’s Chocolate World Niagara Falls for a decadent treat, fight the forces of evil at Adventure City, take in the magic of the Iwerks 4-D Motion Theatre or head to one of our theme restaurants for a bite to eat.
The 20 acre Falls Avenue Resort – Hotel, Entertainment, Attractions, dining. The premier one-stop destination in Niagara Falls for non-stop fun!
Customs and Immigration
All citizens are now required to present a passport or approved document including an enhanced driver’s license or enhanced Identification Card at all border crossing while traveling through North America.
For more information please visit http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html
The rates for currency exchange vary in different establishments and there are no laws that enforce these rates of exchange. It is advisable to change your money at a bank. Banks are normally open from 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
Currency Exchange Centers are located at the Table Rock complex, Victoria Park Gift Shop, Casino Niagara and Fallsview Casino which are open seven days a week.
The legal drinking age in Ontario is 19. Beer and liquor stores are open daily although hours vary. Inquire with concierge upon arrival for hours and locations.
WEGO Visitor Transportation Service
A seamless shuttle that links both tourist attractions and the sights and sounds of the City of Niagara Falls. WEGO is a state-of-the-art bus system that is fully accessible and will operate year-round. A partnership between the City of Niagara Falls and Niagara Parks Commission, WEGO replaces the familiar green Peoplemover buses which ran seasonally for more than 26 years.
Niagara Falls Fun Facts
Niagara Falls has a long and storied history, here are a few Fun Facts about Niagara Falls:
- The Gorge extends from Niagara Falls for 11 km (7 miles) downstream
- More than 168000 cubic meters of water go over the brink every minute
- The plunge pool beneath the falls is 35m(100 feet) deep.
- Niagara Falls generates close to 4.4 million kilowatts (5 million horsepower)
- The Niagara generating stations supply one-quarter of all power used in New York State and Ontario.
- The word “Niagara” was derived from the Iroquois Indian word “Onguiaahra” meaning “the strait”
- Niagara Falls are the second largest falls in the world next to Victoria Falls in South Africa. What makes Niagara Falls spectacular is the combination of volume and height.
- The only occurrence of both the American and Horseshoe falls being turned off, was in 1848, when Ice jams formed in Lake Erie near Buffalo, stopped the flow of water to the Falls. The stoppage lasted only 30 hours.
- The American Falls were “turned off” for a seven months stretch in 1969, by the US Army Corps of Engineers to allow for repairs to be made to the eroding face of the American Falls.
- Niagara Falls was formed 12,000 years ago by glacial erosion and is said to erode at a pace of 1 foot every decade.
The Niagara River water is used by Canadian and American residents and serves a wide range of purposes for over 1 million people.
Did you know the Niagara River…
- Is actually a strait
- Flows between two lakes, Lake Ontario and Lake Erie
- Plays a big role for hydro-electricity generation
Other great facts…
- Water going over the falls drains an area of 264,00 square miles
- 12,000 years ago the Falls were 11km (7 miles) downstream from the present location
- Until the early ’50’s the erosion rate was an average of 1 meter (three feet) per year
- Suggested rate of erosion may now be as low as 1 foot per ten years
- The Robert Moses Niagara Power plant on the American side of the River was constructed in 1961.
Niagara Falls is a popular family vacation destination, keep the kids excited about an upcoming visit with our downloadable family activities.
If we haven’t answered your question here, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org