Legends Estate Winery
The grape growing at this vineyard began in 1946 when John Lizak planted the seeds for the fruit farm along a huge farmland. In 1990’s the winery was opened by John’s grandson Paul. The vineyard now stretches over 200 acres and features a variety of fruits and signature grapes to create some of the best wines in the Niagara Peninsula. Priding itself on producing unique wines, Legends Estate Winery features a distinctly dry Fruit Wine Collection, an exclusive VQA award winning wine collection, and now icewines and special reserves. The main varietals of Legends Estates are the Chardonneys, Gewurztraminer, Cabernet-Franc and Meritage.
Legends Estate Wine Awards
- Gold Medal at the Ontario Wine Awards
- The 2004 ‘Best Riesling’ Canadian Wine Award
- Cuvee Gold and Best White in 2009
- Ontario’s Best White Wine Award in 2003 for the 2002 Chardonnay Reserve
- Gold Medal at the Ottawa Wine & Cheese Show in 2003
- Bronze Medal at the International Eastern Wine Competition
Legends Estate Winery Weddings
The Legends wedding experience is one-of-a-kind, with ideal location at the waterfront view. The Winery is prepared to offer guests with quality wines and exceptional service to make your special occasion perfect. More intimate occasions can be held in the Polonaise Room, which holds up to 100 people. For the reception with many guests the outdoor area can fit as many as you would like.
For More information on prciing contact (905) 563-6500 or Events@LegendsEstates.com
Legends Estate Winery Store Hours
- Monday to Saturday 10am-5pm
- Sunday 11am-5pm
Winery Tour Schedules
Legends Winery Tours
- Tasting Only – Guests have the opportunity to taste a wide variety of wines produced at Legends.
- Basic Tour & Tasting – Guests have the opportunity to learn about the wine making and then get the chance to taste a QC Fruit or VQA Grape Wine. Available from May to October, Reservations Required
- The Sweet Tour – The perfect mix of chocolate and award-winning wines paired together with this tour. Reservations Required.
- The Cheesey Tour – The great way to learn how to entertain, pairing fine cheeses with award-winning wines. Reservations Required.
- Legends Tour – The great tour of the winery that allows guests to take home their own glass. Reservations Required.
- Winemaker Tour – Learn the art of winemaking from the expert winemakers at Legends. This Tour also lets guests sample from the fermentation tanks or the barrels. Reservations Required.
- Martini Tour – This new tour allows guests to enjoy an Icewine or Fruit wine martini after a guided tour of the winey. Reservations Required.