Angels Gate Winery
The Angels Gate Winery is located along the Beamsville Bench and the Niagara Escarpment in the Niagara Wine Region. This winery uses traditional winemaking techniques and combines them with new world technologies to create the most unique wines in the region. The winemaking process also preserves the grapes aroma, acidity and structure by treating each wine with care and minimum filtration. The winery was first converted in 1995 to a vineyard from a Congregation of Missionary Sisters of Christian Charity. The winery is built in memory of the Missionary the once stood on the property and opened its doors in Jone 2002.
Angels Gate Vineyards
The grape varieties include: Chardonnay, Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, and Shiraz. The following are a list of the vineyards:
- Angels Gate Estate Vineyard – 6.5 acres est. 1995
- KEW Vineyard – 85 acres est. 1970’s
- Marianne Hill – 60 acres est. 1970’s
- Mountainview Road Vineyard – 15 acres est. 1950’s
- St. John Vineyard – 25 acres est. 1980’s
- Angels Step Vineyard -25 acres est. 2007
- Emerald Shore Vineyard – 48 acres est. 1997
- Wismer Vineyard – 15 acres
Angel Gates Winery Hours
- June to October
- Monday to Saturday 10 am – 5 pm
- Sunday 11 am – 5:30 pm
- November to May
- Monday to Friday & Sunday 11 am – 5 pm
- Saturday 10 am – 5 pm
The Winery is closed Good Friday and Easter Sunday
The winery will remain open on Family Day, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday, and Labour Day.
Winery Tour Schedules
Angel Gate Tours
All winery tours are offered by appointment only. The cost of a tour is $5.00/person and requires a minimum of 6 people in a group is required. Please contact the winery directly two weeks prior to the tour.