The Whirlpool Aero Car Niagara Falls
Features of The Whirlpool Aero Car
- The aerial cable car travels safely between two different points of the Canadian shore of the Niagara River over the spectacular Whirlpool.
- A round trip is about one kilometer (3,600 feet) and takes about 10 minutes to navigate.
- The capacity of the car is 35 standing passengers.
- A breathtaking view of the Niagara River and the Whirlpool Rapids.
- Built in 1913 by the Niagara Aero Car Company using Leonardo Torres-Quevedo’s patent.
- The Whirlpool Aero Car opened on August 8, 1916.
- Upgrades in design and function occurred in 1961, 1967 and 1984.
The Aero car was designed by a Spanish engineer, Leonardo Torres Quevedo. It has been in operation since 1916. The Aero car is suspended from six sturdy steel cables and offers an exciting view of the Niagara River and Whirlpool.
Visit the Whirlpool Aero Car Site For Hours and Pass Pricing
3850 Niagara Parkway
Niagara Falls, Ontario L2E 3E8