The Whirlpool Aero Car Niagara Falls
Features of The Whirlpool Aero Car
- The aerial cable car travels safely between two different points of the Canadian shore of the Niagara River over the spectacular Whirlpool.
- A round trip is about one kilometer (3,600 feet) and takes about 10 minutes to navigate.
- The capacity of the car is 35 standing passengers.
- A breathtaking view of the Niagara River and the Whirlpool Rapids.
- Built in 1913 by the Niagara Aero Car Company using Leonardo Torres-Quevedo’s patent.
- The Whirlpool Aero Car opened on August 8, 1916.
- Upgrades in design and function occurred in 1961, 1967 and 1984.
The Aero car was designed by a Spanish engineer, Leonardo Torres Quevedo. It has been in operation since 1916. The Aero car is suspended from six sturdy steel cables and offers an exciting view of the Niagara River and Whirlpool.
Hours of Operation
All times subject to change. Last tickets sold 30 minutes before closing times listed:
April 30 to May 8, 10 am to 5 pm
May 9 & 10, 10 am to 6 pm
May 11 to May 17, weekdays 10 am to 5 pm, weekends 10 am to 8 pm
May 18 to May 31, weekdays 10 am to 6 pm, weekends 10 am to 8 pm
June 9 to June 26, Monday – Friday 10am – 5pm
June 13 to June 21, Saturday/Sunday 9am – 6pm
June 27 to September 6, daily 9am – 8pm
September 7 to October 9, daily 9 am to 5 pm
October 10 & 11, Saturday/Sunday 9 am to 6 pm
October 12 to November 22, 10 am to 5 pm
Last day of Operation is November 22nd, 2009.
Pricing & Passes
Prices are shown in Canadian dollars and do not include taxes.
Adults (13yrs +) $ 11.50
Children (6 to 12yrs) $ 6.80
Children 5 & under FREE
Please note that Whirlpool Aero Car is not Wheelchair accessible.