Celebrate all things culinary this weekend at the Niagara Food & Wine Expo, the largest tasting and sampling event in the Region. The show features the finest wines, beers, spirits from around the World, while placing special emphasis on the top restaurants, wineries and breweries that call Niagara home. The weekend showcase also offers live cooking demonstrations and seminars from some of the finest Chefs in the region, many of whom spend their time in the kitchens of the top Niagara Falls Hotels.
This year, the expo offers exciting new experiences including:
- Tutored Tastings – 90 minute tastings and seminars featuring notable experts. Experts include Kevin Brauch – The Thirsty Traveler, Christopher Waters – editor of Vines Magazine, Mike Langley –owner of Tide & Vine Oyster Co. and Peter Bodnar Rod-from 13th Street Winery. Tickets are available for these events and include complimentary access to the Expo.
- The Alexander Keith’s Experience – visitors will be able to sample the new Hop Ales in their mobile brewery and tavern.
- A Cheese Tasting Stage – Cheese expert Phil Belanger of the Dairy Farmers’ of Canada will be on hand to host complimentary seminars and offer tasting recommendations and wine & beer pairings.
- Chef Stage – Live cooking demonstrations by notable local chefs.
- Food Trucks – One of the hottest trends in cuisine, the Food Trucks offer a diverse brand of street cuisine chic.
The expo runs April 26-28 at the Scotiabank Convention Centre, Niagara Falls, Ontario. Visit http://www.NiagaraFoodandWineExpo.ca for tickets info and show hours.